Full-Time Police Officer Position
The Somerset Police Department (Massachusetts) is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill an immediate vacancy for the position of full-time police officer within the Somerset Police Department. In addition to being one of the most progressive departments in the State, our agency currently offers full education incentives (10%, 20%, 25%), and the possibility of bringing your current years of service for purposes of vacation and time off benefits.
Candidates must be able to pass a physical examination, a psychological examination, and pass a rigorous background investigation. Applicants must possess a minimum of an associate’s degree in a law enforcement field of study. In addition, applicants should be certified as having completed a full-time Massachusetts Municipal Police Training Committee (MPTC) police academy, or equivalent, MPTC approved training academy. The MPTC Reserve Intermittent Police Officer Academy will not satisfy this requirement.
Other basic requirements of this position are as follows:
- Be a United States citizen (birth or naturalized);
- Be at least 21 years of age at the time of appointment;
- No felony record (MGL 41-96A);
- Must have and maintain a valid Massachusetts driver’s license (by date of appointment);
- Must have and maintain a valid Massachusetts License to Carry Firearms, “LTC”
- Must not smoke any tobacco products (MGL 41-101A);
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of a police officer, including being willing and available to perform said functions on weekends, holidays and on an overtime basis or when staffing requires.
Those meeting the above requirements, who wish to be considered for this position, should forward a resume and proof of full-time academy completion to Captain William Tedford. This can be done in person at 465 County Street in Somerset, MA, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As this vacancy needs to be filled in a timely fashion, applicants will be considered immediately.
The Somerset Police Department is a non-civil service department and an Equal Opportunity Employer.